Tuesday, August 27, 2013

August 26, 2013

 
 
 Hey Ya'll! 
So things are somewhat movin' a long down here in MS! Our Golden Investigator read stuff online (don't you just love the wrong info people write online?) and has stopped reading. Our couple investigators are having relationship problems, but Lily is still gungho about the church and coming closer to God! Yippi! And we had to drop one investigator because her husband is very matismo.
I'm very grateful for Heavenly Father's help, because he has sure given me many resources for my back. I have a physical therapist who treats me for free and is in my ward, and my family and Mission Pres's wife has helped me find and set up an appt with an osteopath! I'm very grateful for my companions who have taken good care of me, and have helped me to become an even a better missionary! I love working with them!
 
BTW, I want to thank everyone who has sent me letters!!! I love getting them!  And if ya'll have any kind of sheet music that you think would be great for my mission, I would love any suggestions you might have, or if anyone has any extra copies? Thanks!
 
 I was reading in the Book of Ether about the brother of Jared. I read about how he made the clear stones and God made them light up, and he saw God and everything, but it JUST clicked to me today as I read:
Ether 3:24 - For behold, the language which ye shall write I have confounded; wherefore I will cause in my own due time that these stones shall magnify to the eyes of men these things which ye shall write." that the brother of Jared created the Urim and Thumin  SAY WHAT?!  Those are the stones that Joseph Smith used to translate the plates into the Book of Mormon! HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!  This whole chapter is prophecy about Joseph Smith! I thought it was pretty sweet! I just wonder what Joseph Smith was thinking while he was writing this! It was a pretty cool personal study this morning!
 
This past Thursday was a zone conference where a Quorum of the 70 visited. I forget his name, but he's in the 1st of the 70. Was pretty sweet. Saw my Comp Sis. Shaw from my companionship in the MTC. Was great to see her!  I got to play the piano for two missionaries as we performed "Beautiful Savior"at the zone conference where half the mission is there. It was really neat!
 
That's about all I have to share for this week! Things are getting there, and keep praying that our investigators will continue to come closer to Christ. Thanks for all your warm letters and comments.
Hope to hear more from ya'll soon!
TTFN ta ta for now!
Sista T.
Love,
From down under in Mississsippi,
Sister Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment