Monday, April 20, 2015

One of the harder weeks 3-16-2015

Tuesday - we went and had a lesson with Ralph. Rusty wasn't there. We went over the POS. He was planning on coming to church Sunday, but then decided he'd rather just stay with his church :( After an early dinner with the Behymer's we went out with Bro. Gestewitz  and tried to see Terry and Patrick, a Jehovah Witness (forgot his name) Jodi and Brandon and Lori - which we weren't able to teach ANY of them. oh well! :p
I love being a missionary! I love being able to help people come closer to Christ! the spirit I feel on my mission is extraordinary! The members in this area are amazing! They really are! They take great care of us! My comp, Sis. Blau is cool too! I have really come to love and respect her!  General Conference was amazing! The talks were Awesome! There was at LEAST one talk per session that I loved! If you haven't had the chance to watch it, go to: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2015/04?cid=HP_SU_4-5-2015_dPTH_fGC_xLIDyL1-B_&lang=eng
We have 2 return missionaries in our ward! (1 more recent than the other). Next month I get to be the pianist for a wedding AND we're getting Ipads May 28th! I have also been blessed with the Doctors in this area! And the tools I've been given! I also have my amazing family that takes such good care of me and loves me so much as I love them! I feel that all the time!!! I have SO much to be grateful for! I have SO much to be happy about!
I know that if I continue to follow the Lord, I will be blessed!
Friday - I went to the Cardiologist. Fun stuff. Time for more tests! :p
Great District Meeting! It was all about casting out fear! Loved it!
Saturday - We did service (Day of Service) at the 4H-Center. We painted. After lunch we went and helped clean a member's house. I felt kinda trunky during dinner time at the apt. I read some of the ensign then some of the emails my mom sent me. That really helped change my attitude around! Praying also really helped! I need to forget myself and get to work! I needed to get my thoughts and heart set back in the right direction. We went tracting with no luck - though we went singing at the rehab center. Each song we sang, spoke right to me:
  1. Hymn 237 - Do what is right - "Do what is right let the consequence follow" "With Stout hearts look ye forth till tomorrow. God will protect you - then do what is right." "be faithful and fearless. Onward press onward - the goal is in sight. eyes that are wet now ere long to be tearless. Blessings await you in doing what's right."
  2. # 239 - Chose the Right - "Choose the right when a choice is placed before you." "The Holy Spirit Guides" "Choose the right - and God will bless you evermore." "There is peace in righteous doing" "Choose the right in all labors you're pursuing. Let God and Heaven Be your goal."
  3. #241 - Count your blessings - " When you're discouraged thinking all is lost - count your many blessings name them one by one and it will surprise you what the Lord as done." "So amid the conflict" "don't be discouraged - God is over all" " Angels will attend - help and comfort give you to your journey's end."
  4. # 243 - Let us all press on - "Les us all press on in the work of the Lord" "Fear not though the enemy deride - courage for the Lord is on our side" "If we do what's right we have no need to fear for the Lord our helper will ever be near."
The Lord speaks to us through His scriptures and His hymns! Wonderful!
I felt much better yesterday - though I put my boiled egg (that was in the fridge) in the microwave....yeah - that made an explosion of egg...whoops! :p haha! We watched two talks from the Priesthood session of GC at the Gestewtiz's house. Really good! Loved the missionary talk! And Pres. Monson's talk was AWESOME!
I've had such a great time getting to know Sis. Blau! We have had so many times getting to know one another and laughing and joking. We even woke up this morning cracking jokes and talking! Best morning EVER!
The whole ward here is fasting for missionary opportunities! LOVE my ward here!!! By the end of this 6 weeks I will have been here in Abingdon for 7 1/2 months! Crazy stuff! I'm grateful for Abingdon - such a beautiful little area with such great people!!

 Love,
Sista T.
Please write! 19440 midwest cir. #11 Abingdon, VA 24211
 
Sister Me and Sister Blau at the Newtons for Easter

Gorgeous Sky
Elder Hagans, Sorensen, and Sister Blau (last Pday for them before they went home)
Elder Sorensen with his new comp Elder Smith



View of the study area

A letter someone sent me in the shape of a tie!
Elder Smith
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment