Monday, March 9, 2015

Happy Valentines Week!


2/09/15

Hey Hey Hey! Happy Valentines Week! 
Ok, So here's how the week turned out: 

Tuesday - We taught the Pentecostal, Robin...but it turns out she's not really interested, but still SUPER friendly! We love her! That evening we went and taught the Thompsons. We taught the Restoration. It turned out great! the spirit was really strong. We're going back again next Wednesday! They MIGHT come to church this next sunday! WHOOOO! 

Wed - Fun working at Feeding America (soup kitchen) then we got in to Lina (Juan was at school). We watched the Restoration video with her. Was great! We had a wonderful dinner at the Paffords- their son Cody was there too! He's going to marry nikki Blevins - the RM that went out with us a lot! I MIGHT BE HERE FOR THEIR WEDDING! WHOOO! Btw...HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEVERLY! 

Thurs - went out finding more members! ROAD TRIP!  Had an awesome Weekly planning! 

Frid - Had a great lesson with our neighbors, Kat and Dan! Helping them get back in the habit of praying! YAY FOR PRAYER! So, for our district Meeting, Elder Boore (District Leader) asked both my companion and I to do a white handbook training on PDAy (preperation day = Monday). But he asked us to not read out of the white handbook and to be creative. Yeah....we were TOTALLY creative! To Check it out, go to: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tfi1l9q0ailmda/MVI_5186.MOV?dl=0
Here is the draft before we actually performed it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/arq1b8m31ltq4qu/00008.MTS?dl=0


Sat - ROAD TRIP TO DAMASCUS! Did some service and met up with some less actives




White Handbook Training





Beverly's Birthday
! We had a great time singing to the older folk at the Abingdon Health and Rehab center. I LOVE singing with Sis. Wheelhouse! Such harmony! Still can't wait to sing with her for Elder Christopherson! 

Sunday - We got to go on a great power up with Sis. Crapo (Crape-o) after church! We went out with Sis. Cooper to go and see people! Was wonderful! Then we had a great dinner at the Smith's! All the members here always make such delicious meals! So grateful! 

Can you believe it?! In two months I will have reached my 1/2 way mark! CRAZY STUFF! I have a feeling I'll be here in Abingdon for a good while more, so if you're sending any letters or such...you can still send it to the address in my signature below!
Thank you so much all for all the letters and emails y'all have sent me and all the prayers for me and my comp! I appreciate them all so very much! 
Hope you all have a wonderful week! Give hugs to everyone for me! 
Love,
Sister Thomas
Please write! 19440 midwest cir. #11 Abingdon, VA 24211

No comments:

Post a Comment