Monday, February 9, 2015

Happy New Year 2015!



HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Can you believe it's 2015 already?!


​ So last Pday (Monday) we went bowling. Well, I watched since I can't throw the ball with my back. But I had fun rooting everyone on and taking pictures!
Tuesday we were on exchanges. Had much success with tracting. Got two return appts! whoop whoop! We also had a great lesson with Sarah and her daughters of the restoration! Went to a pizza buffet for dinner. Was interesting. ​Sis. W8 had her departing interview!


​ On New Years eve - Wednesday - we went tracting on Hurt St. ( ik...funny name). No one was accepting our message, but we didn't give up! The 2nd to last house listened to us and said we could come back! yay! At 5pm we went and had dinner with Beverly = pot roast = YUM! 7pm - hung out at the church wit hthe other missionaries. we played catch / monkey in the middle. It didn't throw out my back! SUPER grateful!

We slept through midnight / new years!
New Years / Thursday - Did our weekly planning, and the really main thing we did was have beans and ham for dinner at the Keohanes (members). They say if we have beans and ham for dinner it promises a prosperous new year! YIPPI!
Friday - Had a TERRIBLE head cold with a cough. It had been adding up for some days...but it was to the point where I could barely do ANYTHING. So, I was laying in bed in the morning not feeling the greatest, and staring at the wall. Sis W8, wearing a blue dress, hair braided on the side and a blue towel cape thing jumped in the room with her arm raised and sings..." LET IT GO! LET IT GO!!" She said she was my entertainment for the morning. I absolutely LOVED it! Was hilarious! In the end, she dressed up as Elsa, and I dressed up as Anna for District Meeting haha. Was fun! Even put a while strip in my hair! After we came home from District Lunch, I went to sleep for 5 hours. When I woke up for dinner I was feeling 80% better! Was great! Had a delicious pot roast at Scarlett's (member) house.
Saturday - tracted for like 4 1/2 hours! But almost every house said we could come back! We even met an Australian lady who let us teach the Restoration at the doorstep and said we could come back. (unfortunately she called this morning and said not to). We had a GREAT day!
Sunday - We invited to give Hector and his 6 yr old daughter a tour of the church at 11 (church is now at 11:30); but when we called him, he said Hope fell out of bed and hurt her leg and they wouldn't be able to come to the tour or church. Well, when Sacrament meeting was starting we sat down from greeting people and looked at our phone. We had missed like 3 calls from Hector! The opening song was starting so I went in the foyer to listen to the voice-mail leaving Sis. W8 in the chapel. The voice mail just sounded like he had pocket dialed me. I almost didn't call him back, but something inside of me (duh - the spirit) told me to call him back. So, I did. And he told me they were at Walmart (5 min away from the church) and Hope wanted to come to church to they would like to come, but didn't know where to go. I RACED in to where Sis. W8 was and we booked out to the car and drove to Sonic (where we were meeting them).  They ended up following us to church and we made it JUST in time for the sacrament in the foyer! Was great! They stayed for all three meetings and Hope LOVED it! And you could see Hector really paying attention and attentive! At 7pm we went and met with Hector and Hope and he said they were planning on coming next week. His prayers are getting SO sincere! I love it SO much!
So many blessings this past week! Tho, I am very sad, because this is Sis. W8's last full week. She leaves next week the 15th for HOME!!! She has become my best friend! I love her with all of my heart! She's like my sister! I would call her my sister! I do actually....haha! Well, Crazy enough I only have a year left....time is and will go by WAY too fast! I love being on a mission, and I am more than grateful I'm allowed to be back on my mission. I have loved every minute of it! I am grateful Heavenly Father gave me this opportunity!
Here's a new years video to watch! HAPPY NEW YEAR OF 2015!!! Btw, did you know.....(#grandpaquotes) January was named after Janice - The God of Open doors and new beginnings? cool right?!
http://www.mormonchannel.org/mormon-channel-daily/385?v=910930409001
TCHAU!

OH! And I forgot to say something! We were at Beverly's house talking about prayer and why it's important to say prayers out loud before and after church meetings, like sacrament meeting. And all of a sudden, the thought came to me then immediately left my mouth saying it's a consecration to the meeting. I have NEVER thought of it like that before, and it just came out of my mouth. As soon as it came out, I thought about it and was amazed! Heavenly Father is using me, his daughter as an instrument in His hands. I cannot express how much this means to me! I love it!
Love,
Sister Thomas
Please write! 19440 Midwest





P-Day bowling: Elder's Hoyt and Boore Sister's W8 and Burr


Elders Hoyt and Boore, Sisters Thomas, Burr and Gifford

Signing Mike's Jeep





Sister Thomas and Elder Hoyt



P-Day Sister W8 bowling

Pizza Inn

Frozen: Elsa and Anna

Sister W8 and Sister Thomas
cir. #11 Abingdon, VA 24211

No comments:

Post a Comment