Tuesday, June 23, 2015

One Full Week Left!

 June 23, 2015
Oh man how fast time is flying by! It's such a bittersweet feeling. I'm so excited to see my family and friends and have the chance to attend the temple, etc...but I'm going to miss being a "full time" missionary so much. I'm going to miss Sister Verdejo very much! We've had so many good moments! I have with all my companions! We had a pretty good week this past week! 

Tuesday we went and helped "Way of Hope" with painting their newly bought building for a thrift store. Was a BLAST! Inline image 1 As you can see...Sister Verdejo and I had kind of a paint war with each other...and that's James, he's the owner of the store. His wife, Michelle is taking the picture. They invited us for dinner at a church. Saw Bernice and her neighbors there! Had a great time! Afterwards we went back to the original "way of Hope" building and they gave us some Italian Ice! YUM! They asked questions! oh the joys of service! Not forceful! YAY! It was an ALL day experience!  

Thursday - Our mission got I-pads. We're not an ipad mission though, they're just tools to help bring souls unto Christ! When we got back from the Zone Conference, softball got cancelled, so we went over to a member's house and he gave us some dinner. The thought came about a certain family, so I suggested we go and invite them to the pie night Friday. When we got there, all the kids were away swimming at their friends' house. The mom, Dory invited us inside (dad was working outside) and made us some herbal chamomile and peppermint tea. We started on a discussion, and suddenly as Dory was talking, the story President shared in Conference came to my mind about Peter on the water. They are big bible people! It turned out great! Was a wonderful evening! 

Friday - Had a blast at Pie night! Lots of people came, and Brother Peterson had me show off my piano skills. Was hilarious and fun! 

Sunday - Had a great day at church, the spirit was really strong! All the Relief Society sang in Sacrament meeting, "Love at Home" for father's day! Btw...HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! Also, HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY ELDER HOUGHTON! 

I'm very grateful for the Gospel. I know it is run by Christ and that if we follow the will of the Father, we can't go wrong!
Paint War with Sis. Verdejo

Helping to Paint "Way of Hope" a new thrift store owned by James and his wife

More paint wars, I think Sis. Verdejo is winning right now!


Mike came with shirts, hats, more pocket knives and treats, Yay, Mike!

A beautiful sunset

Our new i-pads, yay!

Me on the railroad
Also, please don't send me any mail after Wednesday, because I might not get it in time before I go home! I know there is still so much I can do here in this next upcoming week and a half! Looking forward to it all!


Love,
Sista T.
Please write! 710 N. Tellico st. #3 madisonville, TN 37354​

No comments:

Post a Comment